What you receive as a NACCED member:
- A membership and staff that understands and focuses on the unique challenges of administering housing, community and economic development programs.
- A staff in Washington DC that is instantly available to assist you in any way.
- A network of colleagues who are committed to sharing their experience and knowledge with one another -- whether through our technical assistance programs or workshops at NACCED’s conferences.
- A staff which effectively and consistently communicates with its membership, with HUD, and with Congress on emerging issues of concern and programmatic developments.
- A partnership with the National Association of Counties (NACo) and its Community and Economic Development Steering Committee, wherein NACCED helps formulate NACo’s legislative policies on housing, community and economic development legislation. This helps ensure that county elected officials weigh in and advocate for the programs that are most important to us. This translates into a strong voice on Capitol Hill.
- Technical assistance: A phone call or email to NACCED headquarters puts you in touch with a staff trained to respond to technical questions. NACCED helps you network with experts in your field, assists you with regulatory clarification, and represents you before federal agencies. In addition, we offer workshops on the CDBG, HOME, and ESG programs.
- NACCED Alerts: Published and distributed at least bi-weekly to all members, NACCED (Alerts) analyze federal legislation and regulations, highlight innovative county activities, report on current developments in the field, and provide updates on association activities.
- NACCED’s Annual Conference brings together community development, economic development, and affordable housing practitioners, key policy makers, and other professionals in the field for four days of quality educational training.
Click Here for membership types and rates.