|John C. Murphy Scholarship Program|
NACCED Annual John C. Murphy Scholarship Program
The grant award will provide assistance in the amount of $1,500 to an undergraduate or graduate student currently attending an American college or university with a chosen field of study that includes course work in the areas of affordable housing and/or community and economic development and who exhibit financial need. Students may not be awarded a scholarship more than once.
All applicants must be nominated by a member in good standing of NACCED.
All applicants must submit the following to be considered for the scholarship:
· Completed scholarship application
· Official school transcript with official grade point average (attach)
· Certification of financial need (attach Financial Aide Award letter from university)
· Collegiate letter of acceptance stating date of enrollment (attach)
· Personal statement – of approximately 500 words, typed, to introduce the candidate and his/her academic plans, identification of course work completed in the field of affordable housing and/or community and economic development, extracurricular activities, community service, and other achievements or awards
· One letter of recommendation – teachers, faculty members, or civic leaders
· Support letter from a NACCED member in good standing
A scholarship committee comprised of a Chair and several appointed NACCED members in good standing will evaluate all applications, documents, and transcripts submitted. Their recommendation will be reported to the Board of Directors whose decision will be final. All contents of the application will be confidential. Applications and their contents will not be returned.
· Quality of Personal Statement – up to 30 points
· Financial Need – up to 25 points
· Grade Point Average – up to 25 points
· Content of Letters of Recommendation – up to 20 points